01 January, 2008

Happy New Year, all!

After three Christmases and around 500 miles logged, half of our family succomed to a bug that our little nephew gave to several of us on hubby's side of the family. Sweet little thing, he was such a good baby, who would have even noticed anything was amiss? I'm glad to be on the recovery side, now, but still have a sore neck.

I like making plans and getting on top of things, so I didn't like losing the last 48 hours of prime post-Christmas clean-up and goal-setting time. I enjoyed the sleep, but not the lost time. I've a lot of reorganizing to do, too...dozens of files that I need to throw away and re-file all of this year's homework assignments and grading keys in my filing cabinet. The newer items are filed (stuffed!) into a cardboard box on the floor. Along with countless other boxes on the floor.

My first New Year's Resolution is to empty out and get rid of those cardboard boxes. That's a big one. I never seem to have enough time to keep up with what comes in vs. what goes out.

Second resolution is to keep working on saying "No" to things. I've gotten better, but I still have a way to go.

When I'm back to 100%, I'll post more resolutions. Right now I've got to find some grading keys to lend...

Back soon!

Javamom

No comments: