03 January, 2009

Happy 2009 and Goals from 2008

Resolutions that went right last year:


I spent more time at home, being available to my family and NOT running around to field trips (most of which we've already done in our 17 years of homeschooling). Busy-ness in co-ops was discontinued. It turned out to be exactly the right thing to do (isn't God's leading amazing? :-)

I read my Bible more. Not daily, as I had hoped, but definitely more and deeper. I also continued to study from my Spanish Bible, as well.

The journey to get rid of the plastics in our life is about 75% accomplished, so I will continue that endeavor into this New Year.

Getting rid of the "-Parabens" (and a few other nasty ingredients) in all personal grooming products, lotions, and make-up...or rather, discontinuing use of all products with "-parabens" in them.

We were also very successful at continuing our commitment to cook at home 98% of the time.

We planted a veggie garden last spring for the first time in years. It was a good year, and the tomatoes lasted into December of '08. I still have some small ones ripening in a bowl from the last harvest in mid-December!!

I reduced my consumption of coffee in 2008. I've been able to stay down to two cups a day.

Soy Chai lattes helped, but even those were enjoyed only once or twice a month.



My first New Year's Resolution for 2009:


~ Drink more herbal tea :-)

What are some reasonable, attainable goals you are aiming for in 2009?


Javamom

3 comments:

Robin in New Jersey said...

Could you write a bit more bout getting rid of the plasitcs? I am really curious about this. For instance: should I get rid of Tupperware bowls I've had for 26 years?

We are venturing to eat more fruit and fresh vegies this year.

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

One goal is to talk to strangers more. I've made it a point recently to make eye contact and smile at people in service jobs. I've smiled or said thank you to women cleaning rest rooms or men collecting shopping carts in the rain, for instance.

Donna-Jean Breckenridge said...

One goal is to talk to strangers more. I've made it a point recently to make eye contact and smile at people in service jobs. I've smiled or said thank you to women cleaning rest rooms or men collecting shopping carts in the rain, for instance.