26 March, 2006

Hidden Talent

Your Hidden Talent
You have the power to persuade and influence others.You're the type of person who can turn a whole room around.The potential for great leadership is there, as long as you don't abuse it.Always remember, you have a lot more power over people than you might think!


Well, there. How about that? That's a little scarey.

Leadership can be daunting. In fact, I am more of a reluctant leader. I enjoy (immensely) some aspects of quiet leading or teaching. I know that I have the capacity to confuse people, if I'm not clear in what I say, ordering my words and points in a simple way! I have to make detailed outlines for myself to keep from getting sidetracked or possibly presenting something overwhelming to my audience.

That is why I like music--it is easy for me. I grew up singing, performing, and playing several instruments. But I don't want to stay stuck in "easy" mode. Over the past few years, but moreso these past six months, I've been learning to speak more simply, and to have practical and specific examples ready to share.

As my children grow out of high school and into college, perhaps I will continue to teach even more.

What is your hidden talent?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already knew that. ;o)

I took the quiz too. I am "very knowledgeable and very creative." Also full of new ideas and potential. I was admonished to pursue my ideas fully. Ouch.

Fun!