24 April, 2016

Split Paperback Mends


This post is dedicated to Karen Glass, author of Consider This and Mind to Mind. She, along with several other CM/AO mommas, wanted to know how to repair their Charlotte Mason Philosophy of Education six volumes so she (they) could toss the rubber bands that are holding them together now. Karen, if you need more guidance, I can talk you through it at the AO Conference next month!

The products in this video are Ph neutral archival adhesive called PVA. It costs less than $12 for an 8 oz. bottle. I used this to strengthen the mended split on the inside. It is the same product I used in one or two of the previous posts.

I noticed too late that my camera was zoomed in so that you aren't able to see what I am talking about at first, but you are able to see enough as I continue talking and showing you various things as I work the repairs.

I hope you have found these helpful!

Remember, it is up to you to decide what books you think are worth spending a little extra money on to repair them archivally. I'm not trying to be a book snob, and am trying to straddle the line realistically. I understand how each of us needs to choose our resources carefully, having homeschooled all four of our children all the way through on one income during those years. I hope these tips have helped you see how economical this approach can be, especially over the long-haul.

Ciao for now!

Javamom




No comments: