06 June, 2006

I have a bookpress! I have a bookpress!

I wish I could post a picture for you all to see what hubby made in the woodshop today, but the kids have taken the digital cameras with them to camp. I'll try to post a photo this weekend.

This first attempt is a small press that will work for standard or smaller books, or even for pressing hand-made paper. It was a warm-up for a larger one he wants to make next; one that will nip or press multiple books at one time.

I'm just so happy about getting my bookbinding home workshop all ready to go that I can hardly get started quickly enough. I've been working on a special journal book for a graduate, but other than that, I have two real binding jobs lined up already: one restoration and re-case and one binding project pages into a hardcover, handbound book. I'm off to purchase a few supplies!

Javamom

1 comment:

Carol G said...

Sounds great! I am looking forward to seeing it this weekend.