28 June, 2006

New hobby





While I'm expanding my skills in bookmaking and adding more tricks and supplies to our stash of tools, both our oldest son and daughter are taking up making handmade cards. This is a thank you card 15 yo dd made for a nice lady at hubby's school who often sends fancy tea home for her. If you look closely (click to enlarge), you can see the raised embossing she did in the corners. Wait till I show you the small booklet our 17 yo son and I made together yesterday. The first pictures we took of it didn't turn out clear, so we'll try again today. Son's SLR is broken at the moment, or I could post phenomenol photos of our projects!

My first day of teaching a bookbinding class went very well. Of course, one of my students is my best friend, and she works thoroughly and picks things up quickly. I'll post her project as soon as it is finished.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

Very pretty!