17 July, 2006

Art Camp and 300th post

Wow! The 300th post! And it is about Art Camp. Much of my family and I are teaching and helping in a local art camp this week. Our youngest is the only one who gets to participate as a student.

I've
been given one of the three year old classes, which is quite hectic! Most all of them are just plain cute and calm (but they ARE still three-year-olds!), so it makes it fun. The ratio of boys to girls is nine to three. That's the tough part. I wish there was more of me to go around, when it comes project time, since I can only help one or two little ones at a time. They made such a fun mess while painting today. Dear Hubby, the Pirate Sparsebeard, was my assistant, but he can only help this one day. We were happy to be in the large choir room, which had an auto harp and a recorder. Hubs took it upon himself to play musical silly songs or Bible songs in between activites, and that helped corral the kiddos a lot. I'm off to bed to get some good sleep. Need all the energy and rest that I can get!

No comments: