04 July, 2006

Blessed Independence Day!

Happy July Fourth, to all of my stateside friends. I have plenty that I could post about our day with family today, but it will have to wait. Our fourth was a day of adventure getting caught in the rain on a huge lake in our brother's boat. Then, we had an evening of silly fun with my three brothers and some of their kids (two out of three or four of their grown kids each, plus one of their grandkids :-) here at our cottage.

In the meantime, I am filled with thoughts and prayers for my nephew (who could not be with us, as he is in Iraq) and all our troups overseas. We will be sending him candy and other goodies, handmade cards and greetings that we all wrote up for him tonight. I made a short family video which includes all of us singing silly songs, complete with a family sing-along of a song written by my Hubster years ago; one that he sang to each niece and nephew when they were little. Now they are teaching it to their own children! The video also includes a snippet from one of his little sisters' birthday...she turned 17 this week, so we had a cake for her, complete with candles, and sang the Birthday song (in four-part harmony--grin).

Goodnight, friends, and thank the Lord for our many blessings. Pray for the troops and their families.

Javamom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This meeting sounds very rewarding. I am glad you had such a good time. I don't know of anyone in my area doing such a thing, and I feel like I need to go through CM's stuff on my own pace. I'm so behind! Yiyiyi!