21 July, 2006

Friday Happenings

Art camp finished up today, and I had the help of our 13 son and 15 yo daughter. Dd and I went to the mall to try on jeans and earn a free movie ticket, so we could have "girl time" together. I've missed her, since she was gone for two weeks to Minnesota!

We went to see "The Lakehouse," which is light, surprisingly good, and very clean! Just don't analyze any "time" problems too deeply. Just enjoy. There are a couple of wordly issues that provide for good discussion, but it is still an enjoyable movie. Quite a few literary and artistic references and connections are made, and that provides a little depth to the developing characters.

Afterwards, we visited a friend at the mall Starbucks and she made us free drinks!
What a treat! And free, to boot...except for the gasoline it took to get there. We were already in town and had several other errands to run, so we really saved there, as well.

I hope my readers are having a wonderful summer!

Go see "The Lakehouse" with your teen daughters or friends and tell me what you thought about it.

No comments: