28 September, 2005

Donating homeschool materials

I'm looking into collecting donations with some of my local homeschooling friends of new and gently used (for all grades and ages) curriculum manuals and resources--history, math, science, art, classic books related to a particular curriculum, and school supplies. My family and I will be sending them to Project Noah to be distributed to homeschooling families who lost everything, to Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

Earlier this month, we packed up almost two-full boxes of extra things that we had just sitting unused on our shelves. Some we actually tried to use, but they didn't work out for one reason or another, that we want to donate. Some are totally unused. They came so highly recommended, and I got them for such a good deal, thinking they'd be helpful when my younger children reached the age, stage for which said product was recommended.

I will ship them out in the next two weeks...perhaps even in two or three shipments, depending on how much we are able to gather.

No comments: