06 December, 2005

Night Noises Everywhere

...in which certain sounds made their way into my dream about King Kong in the wee hours of the morning.

Oldest son Ansel, soon to be 17, has been working on a project for a certain Science teacher and program related to hubby's school. Certain software programs were not working as he was accustomed to, from his videography experiences with his job this summer for the solar car team and race.

Said teen was up throughout the night editing and waiting (snoozing) patiently over each step of the rendering and movie editing process.

Then I had this dream of the great King Kong...the aforementioned teen had been asleep briefly for only about twenty minutes. Throughout the night, he was trying to be as quiet as possible. Still, I do not sleep well if my children are still up studying or working on a school project.

My dream was an exciting one, very much like the old movie from my childhood. We were in a building, my family, some friends and I, and King Kong was there, too, complete with the building up of intense drum beats (rather like the Irish clog dancing? huh? Oh, I now recognize it as the double timpani action from our evening at the symphony this past weekend listening to Mahler's Symphony #1 in D major ~ snicker, snort). There was this rumbling and growling from Old Kong...the building was going to be brought down by the feared beast! I pleadedwith everyone to leave the building, for it was coming down and we must all run! I struggled to gather everyone, and help lead them out to safety...the beats kept beating and the rumbles kept rumbling. I could not get everyone out of the building, no matter how hard I tried. It was as if they could not hear me...then upon waking, I continued to to hear the rumbling.........which.......turned out to be.............someone's snoring ;-).

It was not my own!

I shall now dub Hubster "King Kong," affectionately.

{huge grin}

Javamom

No comments: