05 October, 2005

Working for the man

Update on subbing at hubby's school: Friday was a madhouse!! ack~!!!! I'm glad I'm done! Something about meds wearing off or something...whew! Tempers flared and they were difficult to keep contained several different times. Maybe some of the boys were too used to me by Friday, so they decided to test me a little more, to see what I would allow them to do. I had to stay on top of things. I found myself trotting from one side of the playground to the other (while we were outside) or from one side of the gym to the other.


In other words, I'm working at my hubby's school this week, running his after-school program. It's not bad, though. I have actually enjoyed it! I used to be his sub more often, but it has been a few years.

I think part of the enjoyment is getting to visit with hubby's co-workers. They are a community, they know each other...some have known each other for a very long time. Many of them have been a part of our lives for up to 16 years. They've thrown us baby showers as we had more children, and they've watched our kiddos grow up. A couple of these folks have even taught my kids a thing or two.

It has also been a treat to get to know some of the students at the school over these years...some whom I knew in after school as first or second graders, some that I got to know on various school trips...just watching them grow, mature, graduate, and go on to college.

Dh runs into old students every now and then...at a store or in the mall...or they come back to the school and look him up to say hi, and to catch up.

God has blessed us in many ways through hubby's workplace, and I am thankful.

No comments: