13 November, 2005

Robert Louis Stevenson

Today is Robert Louis Stevenson's birthday. (1850-1894)

Some of his works are: The Child's Garden of Verses, Treasure Island, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Kidnapped, The Black Arrow, The Master of Ballantrae, The New Arabian Nights, and others.

Some of our children have read all of the above books. I'm about to begin reading Kidnapped aloud with our younger two boys, in 5th and 7th grades. We'll do this for the benefit of our 10.5 yo, who is just now getting better at reading chapter books.

Oldest son and I were watching Masterpiece Theatre's version of Kidnapped (part 1) a couple of weeks ago. We forgot all about part two, and now I'm just hoping our local library orders it so we can check it out. Iasked around, but only one mom in our homeschool group even watched it, that I know of. I guess the others don't watch PBS. Or their kids are younger. My friend from our group who did watch it, did the same thing we did...forgot all about part two...[sigh]. Now we are both looking for a copy of part two!! So, if any of my readers recorded it and wouldn't mind sending it my way for about a week, I will gladly pay shipping :-).

1 comment:

HowGreatADebtor said...

We videotaped Kidnapped. If you haven't found a copy yet, you can borrow ours. Let me know through my blog or through the AO Yahoo group--Colleen in Wis.

I think I've chatted w/you in the AO chatroom, but can't remember your name... sorry...