30 January, 2006

Getting to know me

I did this for a bit of fun, while I have taken a day off from homeschooling and co-op prep or grading. (I've had a pretty frustrating, dull headache for several days, now...so I'm taking a breather today and not driving anywhere...well, except that quick trip to drop my daughter off to babysit).

I've Been Tagged to play another game by Truly Scrumptious at
A Wink in Time, with a couple of added questions that I saw on another blog that I frequent: Tootle's Time, and one extra that just fit the game perfectly.

4 jobs I have had:

~A live-out nanny for a doctor and a nurse (commuting by bicycle)
~Student Receptionist at the Health Center during college
~Receptionist and phys. therapist for a Chiropractor just outside of Boston, MA
~Singer - vocalist~live and on a few CD projects


4 movies (okay, five) you would (or have/ still do) watch over and over:

~Pride and Prejudice (like the multiple interpretations of Shakespeare on film, I'll watch them all again, except perhaps the Greer Garson/Aldous Huxley version from the 40's-Oh! those recycled, Gone With The Wind dresses! Ack! just too out of place)
~Much Ado About Nothing
~Wallace and Grommit ~the shorts, or the newer long one that's about to come out on DVD
~Oh Brother, Where Art Thou
~The Princess Bride


4 places (well, five) you've lived:

~Germany (Northern and Southern)
~Boston
~Missouri
~Chicago area
~Oklahoma :-)


Four (sometimes five) TV Shows I watch:

~24
~Lost!
~Invasion
~Alias
~Masterpiece Theatre on occasion


Four (or more ;-) Places I have been on vacation:

~Colorado or Tennessee for awesome camping/bicycling/hiking/rafting
~Minnesota for some swimming, fishing and photography on Roosevelt Lake - Teddy Roosevelt country
~Italy to visit our Minnesota friends (above) when they lived near Bologna.
~France (a military tour-thanks to my brother, while living in Germany) and Liechtenstein...really!
~Greece (Honeymoon)

Four places I've travelled by *bicycle*:

~All of Heidelberg ~ over historic bridges and through the remains of castles with a nice fellow that I once really liked; the son of an elder at a church in Berlin...though he spoke excellent English, he communitcated this particular tour only in German...I think it was a test...
~Martha's Vineyard ending with snacks at the Black Dog Cafe :-) (marvelous!)
~toured up the coast of Massachusetts - up to Marblehead and then back to Boston
~Oklahoma to Missouri with my hubby for a class reunion
~commuting in Oklahoma City every weekday for about eight months


4 websites you visit daily:

~Askjeeves.com
~Google
~yahoogroups to moderate a couple of e-lists
~AO blog ring every few days

4 favorite foods:

~Greek food ~ more specifically: Spanakopita and Greek Salad
~Granola and yogurt (smooth and fruity or coffee flavored yogurt)
~Yucatán food ~ black beans and small tortillas with a bit of avocado are a must!
~Bread fresh out of the oven, especially very grainy breads


4 places I'd rather be right now

*I really enjoy home, but I also get a kick out of travelling with my family, so I wouldn't mind being:

~Somewhere where it is actually winter! We haven't gotten a winter this year :-(
~Vermont or New Mexico cross-country skiing, then sipping hot chocolate by a large, roaring fire
~to warm up again, visit our friends in Central Yucatán at their "cooler" time of year!
~take the kids on the historical and literary tours around the Boston area, show them where we lived before they were born.


4 bloggers I've tagged:
Anyone who hasn't played yet~I know many of you already have.

1 comment:

tootlepip said...

I like this quiz better than most. you actually learn something about the other person.