27 August, 2005

Enrichment classes for the Fall semester

My kids and I finally dove in and signed up for co-op classes this fall, in a "Friday co-op" setting. We've joined with other families several times over our 12+ years of homeschooling for various classes together in our homes, but this is the first time we've co-oped on this scale!

Oldest son takes Worldviews of the Western World Class once a week, and began doing that last school year. I did not have to help with that class in any way, except to drive my son there and home, plus support and encourage him. We do a lot of discussion and narration of the materials in the home, though!

14 yod is taking these classes in co-op:
Biology lab and VideoText Algebra, Spanish 1, Mosaics class

12 yos is taking:
Treasures of The Orient, Spanish Made Fun, Ancient Battles and Weapons of Warfare, Chess, and Archery

10 yos is taking:
Walk the Line, an interactive learning-with-Legos type of class; President's Fitness; Wilderness training & first aid; Protozoa to Primates; and a Pond Scum class :-)
Sounds gross and fun, anyway!

I'll be teaching Spanish Made Fun for 7-8th grade, and Freshman Spanish 1; helping in the Sculpture class, and in son's Pond Scum class.

In addition to the above, I will be teaching American Literature with a Worldviews emphasis to a small class in my home. We'll be following James Stobaugh's American Literature materials.

I am also scheduled to have a couple of little bookbinding worshops for the lower school art teacher at my hubby's school. That *will* be fun!

We will be carpooling with friends from church, to help share gasoline costs. Sheryl's daughter will be riding with us, as well. She (the daughter) gets to keep home schooling, even though the rest of her little siblings have had to go back into public school, since their Mom is very, very ill.

All other days of the week, we will be working on our Ambleside Online rotation and resources.

What will some of you all be doing this fall? Share your plans and links with me, and I will come visit you on the web!

No comments: