10 October, 2007

Fantastic multi-lingual Bible verse find plus

Biblos.com multi-lingual Bible

with side-by-side translation. At Biblegateway.net, you can only pull up one version in the browser at a time.


A few more beginning resources to get started on the Spanish language:

el alfabeto and their names

A: a
B: be
C: ce
CH: che
D: de
E: e
F: efe
G: ge
H: hache
I: i
J: jota
K: ka
L: ele
LL: elle
M: eme
N: ene
Ñ: eñe
O: o
P: pe
Q: cu
R: ere
S: ese
T: te
U: u
V: ve
W: uve doble ; doble ve
X: equis
Y: i griega
Z: zeta


And finally, several links for phonetic pronunciation (including streaming audio files!)

The easy consonants
,
the more difficult consonants,
pronouncing vowels,
strong vowels vs. weak vowels,
stressed syllables and accent marks,
pronouncing the r and the double rr in Spanish (tips-15 minute exercise)


There is more to come...please stay tuned!

I received a large Border's gift card from one of my summer school students, so I'm on my way to pick up my hard copy of Las Fábulas de Esopo (Aesop's Fables) in just a few minutes. For those who'd like to hear these, I found that Librivox has Las Fábulas de Esopo in MP3 format.

I wanted to test the sound of the audio files so I could comment here, but the web site is not responding for me right now. Also find the free e-text here.

Since the best way to learn a language is as we learned our first language as a child, we can learn basic commands as a child does, also household-type vocabulary, but we can also read a lot of the stories for children in Spanish (or if you prefer French, German, Italian, etc.) in the early years of Ambleside Online. Think as well of young ones' folk tales, stories and songs from different (Spanish speaking) countries.

back soon!

Javamom

No comments: