23 May, 2006

A funny from the oldest son

My hubby was talking with AnselAdams, our 17 yo humanities and philosophically oriented son, in the kitchen a few nights ago. Hubby was telling him of a couple of possible opportunities for AA to travel to Africa (something he has wanted to do for a couple of years, now) and do some humanitarian and mission work. Hubby was beside himself at the chances for our son. After about ten minutes of discussion about this dream, AA said, "That's great, Dad, but what I REALLY want to talk about is the incredible sandwich I made today..."

Okay, so I guess you had to be there...but it's good to know that serious and intense people can lighten up and just want to talk about something as simple and uncomplicated as a really great sandwich sometimes :-).

Javamom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious!

Your "about me" has really intrigued me, so I'll probably be nosing around for awhile!

I found your site through the Keepers of the Home webring.

Javamom said...

Carol,

Bienvenidos a mi blog!

I visited your blog and am also intrigued! It is good to "meet" you. I am also on the AO-HEO blogring. How long will you be in Guatemala?

Javamom