03 May, 2006

Time Flies!

I am finally almost completely free of congestion from my bout with respiratory influenza. Time has indeed gotten ahead of me!
Since my last update, Dd has been to the Christian Homeschool Prom and had a wonderful time. She went with a group of her friends who all reserved a table together. It was also her birthday. What a fun day for her!

I also accomplished hostessesing a sleepover birthday party for our youngest, Androcles, who turned 11 recently. After his party, I ran four boxes of used curriculum and books up to our local homeschool used booksale and made over $200! I have more inquiries coming in for other things that people want to buy but didn't purchase that day. I may reach $250 pretty soon! This is going to be so helpful toward the purchase of more materials, especially for our older dc and the books they are needing for next term.

where free reading is concerned, I just finished Northanger Abbey. I though it wrapped up rather abruptly, for all the interesting character development and dialogue all through 9/10's of the book. I still enjoyed it immensely!
One final commitment in the past weekend was singing for worship team, practice on Thursdays, early to church on Sunday for full run-through, then lead two services.

2 comments:

tootlepip said...

Glad to hear you are up and about again! My have you been busy!

tootles

Mama Squirrel said...

Hi Javamom! Miss you on the Tuesday chats--we have to figure out a way to get all the chatters together somewhere else.