07 August, 2007

Refreshing family favorite


Homemade Cherry Limeade, this time without cherry or lime slice garnish.

This drink is fantastic after a day of yardwork or play. Or book restoration :-). Yes, that's what we've been busy doing, instead of writing.

Addendum:

My husband likes to make slushies or smoothies with fresh cherries, one lime, lots of ice and a bit of sugar to taste. I think of it more as a slush, since there is more ice than our usual smoothies. He used about 17 or 20 cherries this particular time.

I like to take a can of frozen limeade concentrate and add to it some sparkling wild cherry water (in place of plain water dilution) from the grocery store. This is already pre-sweetened, but is just flavored sparkling water.

For the beverage in the photo above, I combined hubby's slush (about 1/4 portion to my carafe of cherry limeade) with my concoction, and together, they made the most scrumptious and refreshing cherry limeade we've made to date!

Enjoy!!


3 comments:

Purring Piggy said...

I hate to sound stupid, but how do you make this? I can picture lime juice and ice and a sweetener, but did you squeeze cherries or buy cherry juice or something else? Thanks!

Purring Piggy said...

Thanks for the update! I love it when families share their favorites and they become our family favorites!

Javamom said...

Now YOU need to share one of your family favorites, P. :-)