15 August, 2008

A silly wish fulfilled


It is a silly wish, really...in the grand scheme of the world's problems. However, I can't repair the world, only God can. I can care, pray, support, and even help with Missions/humanitarian efforts.

That aside, one of my simplest wishes this year was that multitudes of cardinals would make their home on our half-acre. Yesterday, I noticed that it is beginning to happen! Generations are having their families move in here, and I couldn't be more pleased.

There were twelve cardinals (many of them young) at the deck and tree in the evening, all at once. I could only fit six of them in the close-up frame at one time, though, and they were moving and shifting positions quickly.

Ah, contentment!

Thank you, Lord, for granting our small, simple wishes.

No comments: